WABC-TV INTERNSHIPS SPRING 2019 Interviews
Log on to: www.abc7ny.com
(Click on Sections; About ABC7 then About Internships @ WABC-TV!) http://abc7ny.com/education/about-internships-at-wabc-tv/57275/
All applicants must submit their resume and an application to:
by Friday, October 19, 2018
In the email SUBJECT ~ indicate your “TOP” two departments to interview
If your resume meets the qualifications, you will receive notification for an interview at the Intern Recruitment held on Thursday, November 8th
Requirements you must meet:
You must receive college credit for your internship (optional for Paid Internships)
You must be an undergraduate junior or senior in college.
You must be available at least 16 hours a week.
You must have a permanent resident or go to school in the Tri-State area.
Submit all resumes and applications to:
Deadline: October 19, 2018
If your resume and application meets the qualifications for our internship program, you will receive notification for an interview.
PLEASE NO PHONE CALLS
Internship: Communications & Events
Overview: The Parent-Child Home Program, a nationally replicated early-literacy and school readiness program, is seeking a Communications and Events Intern to assist the Communications & Events team in managing the organization’s online presence (including the website, e-communication, blog, and social media activities); writing/formatting communications materials including newsletters, flyers, event materials, press releases, etc.; planning/managing fundraising and volunteer events; and facilitating communication among PCHP’s nationwide network of sites to highlight the success of the Program. The internship is eligible for travel reimbursement or academic credit.
Primary Duties Include:
- Work with the Communications & Events team to execute communications strategies and organize special events
- Assist with database management
- Assist with the development of event marketing materials using Adobe Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign and/or Microsoft Word
- Assist with the annual Gala (to be held in the fall in NYC) and other volunteer and fundraising events, including work on invitations, catering, sponsorships, auction, marketing, etc.
- Research and identify potential auction donors and/or sponsors for the Gala, outreach via phone calls and letters of inquiry, and track all outreach efforts and donations
- Assist in managing PCHP’s online presence by updating website, developing monthly e-blasts, proposing content, writing blogs and posting on Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest, YouTube, and other social media
- Outreach to PCHP’s nationwide network of sites to collect success stories, local site news, parent testimonials, etc. and to encourage site engagement with the PCHP national network
- Assist in writing and distributing press releases on PCHP news and events
- Research and write early literacy activities to be included in PCHP’s blog
- Interact with external audiences, Board, staff, and constituents with a high level of professionalism
- Manage special assignments, and assist with administrative support for Communications & Events team as needed
- Excellent writing, oral communication, organizational, and interpersonal skills
- Impeccable attention to detail, strong strategic thinking, and research skills
- Graphic design experience specifically using Adobe programs (Photoshop, Illustrator, and InDesign) preferred
- Ability to work independently and meet deadlines, and professional phone and in-person demeanor
- Experience with social media
- Previous experience with event planning desirable
About The Parent-Child Home Program:
The Parent-Child Home Program’s (PCHP) nationwide network of program sites provides low-income families with the necessary tools, skills, and resources to ensure their children achieve their greatest potential in school and in life. The National Center assists underserved communities in replicating and expanding its proven school readiness program that builds parent-child interaction and supports learning at home. Together we are strengthening families and communities, and building the workforce of the future.
PCHP has been preparing under resourced families for school success for over 45 years and has received a Four-Star Rating from Charity Navigator for 4 consecutive years.
The Parent-Child Home Program is an equal opportunity employer.
Address: 163B Mineola Boulevard, Mineola, NY 11501
Parking is provided. PCHP is a two-minute walk from the Mineola LIRR Train Station.
Phone: (516) 883-7480
Send Resume and Cover Letter to: Michelle Ioannou, Social Media & Events Manager, firstname.lastname@example.org
Find us on the web at: http://www.parent-child.org/